"A Caravan Named Desire" is the second segment of the third episode of the second season of Amphibia, and the forty-fifth episode overall.
Hop Pop signs the family up to join a travelling theater troupe, hoping to realise his dream of being an actor.
|For a full plot of "A Caravan Named Desire", click here.|
|For a full transcript of "A Caravan Named Desire", click here.|
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Susan Egan as Renee Frodgers
- Max Mittelman as François
Click here to view the gallery.
- Running Gag: Anne's jigsaw puzzle keeps getting ruined.
- Wilhelm scream: When one of the actors fall off the stage when Renee attempts to escape via the caravan, he uses the famous "Wilhelm scream". This is the second episode to use it, the first being "Prison Break".
- This episode reveals that Anne hates plays due to a school play that ended in disaster when she was younger.
- This is the 5th time Anne has a flashback to a moment on Earth.
- Hop Pop's dream of becoming an actor comes finally true, but in the end, he decided to give it up for the greater good.
- Hop Pop starts acting again just way back in "Taking Charge".
- A Streetcar Named Desire - The title is a play on the theater play by Tennessee Williams.
- Titanic - The cover image on Anne's jigsaw puzzle is a reference to Titanic, with the koala couple mimicking the famous deck scene. Even the tune that plays is a nod to Celine Dion's song "My Heart Will Go On", which was featured in said film.
- Dune - The Dry Swamp as well as the Sandworms are a reference to the popular science fiction novel series, Dune.
- Dexter's Laboratory - One of the students in Anne's flashback is a caricature of Dexter from the TV series of his namesake.
- Despite Anne causing a disaster in the school play she did when she was young , there's no damage anywhere from the fire happening on stage.
- The costumes don't burn up easily.
- The stage doesn't start to burn up slowly.
- Anne also doesn't get hurt after tripping on her face.
- When Hop Pop bursts into the door, it is open, but when it zooms out, the door is closed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.