|This article is about the location. You may be looking for the series.|
Amphibia is the titular main location of the series with the same name. The continent/island itself is shaped like a lily pad leaf based on the aquatic plant usually associated with frogs.
It's a 'peaceful' magical world inhabited by every species of sentient amphibian—frogs, toads, salamanders, and newts—which live in Amphibia along with various local wildlife creatures and monsters including giant mantises and predatory herons. The mystical and dangerous Amphibia is the place where the three human teen girls Anne, Marcy, and Sasha ended up after opening the Calamity Box that Anne had stolen from a thrift store on her 13th birthday.
According to "Hop-Popular", there are 22,651 amphibians living in The Valley where Wartwood and the Toad Tower are located. The population of the whole of Amphibia has not yet been revealed in the series.
- Frog Valley, also called "The Valley": One of the main regions in Amphibia with a population of 22,651, consists of towns and villages surrounded by dangerous mountain ranges and cliffs which occasionally freeze during their yearly cycle in which travel in and out of the valley is impossible. Wartwood Swamp and Toad Tower are both located in the valley.
- Wartwood Swamp: One of the main towns located in the Valley, Wartwood Swamp is populated by anthropomorphic frogs. Unlike many cities located on Earth, Wartwood is not technologically advanced and uses traditional methods such as bio-luminescent mushrooms for light, bearing the resemblance of a medieval period as swords and bows are still widely used.
- Plantar Farm: The Plantar Residence is where Sprig, Polly, and Hop Pop live. It is also where Anne currently resides, in the house's basement. In the episode "Family Shrub", it is revealed that the ancestors of the Plantar family also occupied the residence, having made secret chambers for their own studies and occupations.
- Toad Tower: A tower located far from Wartwood located in an area surrounded by steep cliffs and mountainous terrain. Toad Tower is inhabited by soldier toads with Captain Grime as their leader. Sasha, one of Anne's human friends, was formerly held prisoner here before joining the army as a second-in-command. The Toad Army are known as the protectors (actually bullies) of the Valley.
- Ribbitvale: It's the most expensive town in all of Amphibia, where the mansion Ribbiton Manor owned by Wigbert Ribbiton and his son's real home is located.
- Newtopia: A major city and known throughout Amphibia as its capital. Newtopia is the residence of the ruling monarch King Andrias.
- Bittyburg: A small town located in the desert region of Amphibia. This town, as suggested by its name, is home to a small population of miniature frogs, no larger than a cell phone.
- Stony Gulch: A relatively mid-sized town made up of primarily stone structures and buildings. This town is home to the Curiosity Hut, a small oddities museum based off of the Mystery Shack from Gravity Falls.
- The Dry Swamp: A sandy, desert-like area with little to no vegetation or water. Primarily consists of sand dunes with little to no amphibian inhabitance.
- Baby Town: A town located east of Stonewell in the Dry Swamp. It is implied that the town is home to numerous amounts of Amphibian babies.
- Stonewell: A small desert town located in the Dry Swamp, north of Mount Ridgemore and west of Baby Town.
- Mountain Ridgemore: A large mountain in the Dry Swamp between Banksville and Stonewell.
- Banksville: A town located in the Dry Swamp with the slogan "We have money!" Very inviting to bank robbers.
Other locations in Amphibia which are minor or upcoming.
- Abandoned Factories
- Lily Paddington
- Swamp Shire
- Bog Bottom
Unlike the wildlife found on Earth, Amphibia's nature is much larger in size which possibly leads to the conclusion that the concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere of Amphibia is higher than that of Earth which enable it to host larger in size varieties of creatures from Earth. Many of Amphibia's fauna (animals) are usually predators of the citizens of Amphibia such as praying mantises and giant weasels, this applies to some flora (plants) as well such as the Carnivorous Tomato Plant. However, there are some animals that can be tamed and domesticated for transportation, farming and pets, such as snails, ladybugs, spiders, birds, etc.
- The land of Amphibia resembles that of a giant lily pad, a plant often associated with frogs, toads, salamanders, newts and other swamp animals/creatures, such as dragonflies.
- Amphibia is named after the biological classification of amphibians, which makes sense since the majority of the population inhabiting Amphibia are amphibians themselves.
- It might be possible that the world of Amphibia has more oxygen in its atmosphere than that of the environment of Earth. This may allow its creatures to grow many times larger than their Earth counterparts.
- During some nights, the lunar eclipse occurs when the moon moves into Amphibia's world. The moon's shadow creates the blood moon effect, which would make the area in Amphibia like Frog Valley have a bright red surrounding. Moreover the lunar eclipse is seen in the Amphibia show posters and the season 2 version of Anne's Theme.
- The native currency used in that world is copper.
- The map of Amphibia opened by Hop Pop shows the directions of north, east, south and west, as it seems facing Amphibia's lily pad leaf opening is west.
- In "Kermit Reacts to Amphibia," Kermit the Frog compared the island's appearance to that of the swamp he grew up in, which was "wetter, muddier, and closer to the Interstate."
- In Reddit, Matt Braly stated that Amphibia is as old as planet Earth. And is as big as they need it to be, he guessed sort of Australia-sized. Nonetheless, Australia's wildlife is notoriously filled with lethal creatures at every corner in the country, which means Amphibia more or less closely resembles Australia as a whole.
- In Reddit, Matt suggested that time may flow differently between Earth and Amphibia, but whether this is true is still unknown.
Click here to view the gallery.