|For a full plot of "Anne or Beast?", click here.|
|For a full transcript of "Anne or Beast?", click here.|
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy (debut)
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar (debut)
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar (debut)
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar (debut)
- James Patrick Stuart as Wally (debut)
- Stephen Root as Mayor Toadstool (debut)
- Jack McBrayer as Toadie (debut, cameo)
- Dee Bradley Baker
- Stephen Root
- Liam O'Brien
- Eden Reigel
- Amir Talai
- Felicia Sundew, Sadie Croaker, Mr. Flour, Leopold Loggle, and most of the Amphibians all have no lines in the episode.
Title in other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||¿Anne o la Bestia?||Anne or Beast?|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Anne ou Monstro||Anne or Monster|
|Spanish||¿Anne o bestia?||Anne or Beast?|
|French||L'Anne ou la Bête ?||The Anne or the Beast?|
|Indonesian||Anne Atau Binatang Buas?||Anne or Beast?|
|Japanese||モンスターとうじょう？||Anne or Beast?|
|Korean||괴물이 나타났다!||The monster appeared!|
|Dutch||Anne of beest?||Anne or Beast?|
|Portuguese||Anne ou o Monstro?||Anne or Monster|
|Polish||Anna czy bestia?||Anne or Beast?|
|Russian||Энни или чудище?||Annie or the beast?|
|Ukrainian||Енн чи монстр?||Anne or a monster?|
|Vietnamese||Anne Hay Quái Vật?||Anne or Beast?|
- Despite being the first episode to air, it alongside "Best Fronds" are not the first episodes produced in production order.
- A clip from the episode premiere at the Amphibia panel at Disney Channel Fan Fest 2019 on April 27, 2019. It was later uploaded to Disney Channel's YouTube channel that same day.
- This is the first episode to have a character's name in the title, and the first episode to have Anne's name in the title.
- A fully animated scene was cut, possibly due to time restraints. It featured Polly appearing in the door after Hop Pop leaves Anne.
- Toadie's voice sounds different compared to his current voice.
- This episode premiered on the same day as the Season 3 premiere of the Disney Channel sitcom Raven's Home.
Revelations and Continuity
- Polly is revealed to have a candy problem.
- Hop Pop's real name is revealed that Hopediah Plantar.
- Anne still has the Calamity Box in her possession though it seems to be currently inactive as the gems on the box appear to be colorless
- Sprig in this episode is revealed to be irresponsible and reckless according to Hop Pop.
- In the Southeast Asia broadcast, the word "heck" was cut.
- "Man or Beast" - The title "Anne or Beast" is a play on the phrase "Man or Beast".
- Video Games - When Polly eats up the candy Sprig gives her, she makes sounds that sound like they're from a classic Pac Man-esque video game.
- When Anne Boonchuy first meets Sprig Plantar, Sprig is caught in her trap. They talk for a while, and Anne tries to leave Sprig (still stuck in the trap) as she hears the sound of the beast. And then, she looks back, struggling with some internal conflict, turns back to free Sprig from the trap.
- In this scene, she cuts the rope with her spear, but then after that scene, the remaining rope tied on Sprig's feet seemingly disappears.
You have a name, stranger?
My name's Anne. Anne Boonchuy.
Look like I’m gonna be here for a while.
Click here to view the gallery.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.