Family Shrub is the second segment of the eighth episode of the first season of Amphibia, and the sixteenth episode overall.
It premiered on June 27, 2019 alongside Contagi-Anne.
|For a full plot of "Family Shrub", click here.|
|For a full transcript of "Family Shrub", click here.|
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Brian Maillard as Leopold Loggle
- Sam Reigel
Title in other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||El Árbol de la Familia||The Family Tree|
|Spanish (Castilian)||Arbusto Genealógico||Genealogical Shrub|
|Dutch||Familie struik||Family Shrub|
|Vietnamese||Bụi Cây Gia Đình||Family Bushes|
- This episode reveals the secrets of three Plantar ancestors that relate to one of the main characters:
- Because this is the sister episode Contagi-Anne, this episode has also been pulled from airing schedules on Disney Channels back in 2020 due to not fitting a 30-minute timeslot. However, like the previous episode, the episode is still available to watch on the Disney+ streaming service.
- The word "curse", "dang it", "or dead bodies", "heck", and "suckers" was cut during Southeast Asia broadcast.
- "Family Tree" - The title "Family Shrub" is a play on the phrase "Family Tree".
- "Tetris" - The Wall puzzle in Emma's lair bears a resemblance to the popular Tetris puzzle video game.
- "Indiana Jones" - The scene where Sprig grabbed his hat after escaping the spiked ceiling trap mirrors the scene seen in the movie "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".
Click here to view the gallery.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.