"Hop Luck" is the first segment of the third episode of the first season of Amphibia, and the fifth episode overall.
|For a full plot of "Hop Luck", click here.|
|For a full transcript of "Hop Luck", click here.|
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- Jill Bartlett as Maddie Flour (debut)
- Stephen Root as Mayor Toadstool
- Laila Berzins as Sadie Croaker (speaking debut, cameo)
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Mr. Flour (debut, cameo)
Toadie has no lines in the episode.
Title in other languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||Plato fuerte||Main course|
|Vietnamese||Cuộc Thi Nấu Ăn||Cooking Competition|
|Korean||개구리 마을 요리대회||Frog village cooking contest|
|French||Bon Hoppétit||Enjoy your meal (Hoppétit is play-on-words for Appétit)|
|Spanish (Castilian)||Plato con premio||Plate with prize|
|Hebrew||קדרת המזל||The gloom of luck|
|Hungarian||A főzőverseny||The cooking competition|
|Italian||Le tradizioni||The traditions|
|Polish||Konkurs kulinarny||Culinary Competition|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Boa Sorte Hop||Good Luck Hop|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Salto de Sorte||Lucky Leap|
Revelations and Continuity
- This is the first time that the fourth wall is broken.
- Anne has a cat named Domino back on Earth.
- "Pot Luck" - The title of the episode, "Hop Luck", is a reference to "Pot Luck", the annual Wartwood cooking event
- "Pineapple on pizza" - After Anne shows the Plantars what they need to make the pizza with, Sprig suggests putting pineapple on it, to which Anne harshly declines, which is in a reference to the longstanding debate as to whether or not pineapple is an acceptable topping for pizza.
- In the Southeast Asia broadcast, the part where Maddie pokes through Sprig voodoo doll with a sharpened stick was cut. Also, Anne's line "Hey, what the heck? What was that?" was shortened to "Hey, what was that?"
Click here to view the gallery.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.