She is an outgoing and mostly fearless tadpole, although she is afraid of wax figures and olms. She loves adventure, monsters, and having fun with her family. Although she is young, she has the heart of an explorer. She is mysterious, explosive, and unpredictable, such as favoring to attack stuff using either her flail or her rolling pin she named "Doris". Even though she’s usually more responsible than her older brother Sprig, she still retains infantile tendencies, namely being easily swayed by the temptation of candies.
Polly resembles a real-life tadpole, albeit she has arms instead of legs and is more globular in appearance. She has a yellow bow with lighter white/yellow polka dots. Unlike the other Amphibians, she has a blue tongue rather than green. She often moves in a wooden bucket filled with water and held together by a cylindrical steel frame. It has seen a fair amount of use apparent in its worn appearance. She also is seen without it and hops around instead.
- Strength: Despite her small size, Polly possesses incredible strength.
- Expert Loogie Spitter: As seen in "Girl Time", Polly displays excellent spitting skills and can spit much farther than Hop Pop and Sprig, even breaking the town's record.
- Super Sonic Singing: As seen in "Fiddle Me This", Polly apparently has the ability to sing at such a frequency that it can disrupt things and is capable of breaking a snail's shell.
Foreign voice actors
|Spanish (Latin America)||Gisela Viviano|
|Portugese (Brazil)||Mariana Evangelista|
|Japanese||Yuri Yoshida (吉田優利)|
|Malay||Suriani Binti Samsudin|
|Dutch||Fleur Van Der Water|
|Thai||Lakkana Naksiri (ลักขณา นาคศิริ)|
|Ukrainian||Kateryna Butsʹka (Катерина Буцька)|
Click here to view the relationships of Polly Plantar.
Behind the Scenes
Name and Basis
Polly’s name is a pun on the word, pollywog, in which her species is the said creature. Her name also comes from her ancestor, Polliana Plantar.
Polly is voiced by Amanda Leighton.
Polly made her debut in the series premiere, "Anne or Beast?".
|Amphibia Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Anne or Beast?":||Debut||20. "Prison Break":||Absent|
|2. "Best Fronds":||Appears||21. "Grubhog Day":||Appears|
|3. "Cane Crazy":||Appears||22. "Hop Pop and Lock":||Appears|
|4. "Flood, Sweat & Tears":||Appears||23. "Civil Wart":||Appears|
|5. "Hop Luck":||Appears||24. "Hop-Popular":||Appears|
|6. "Stakeout":||Appears||25. "Croak & Punishment":||Appears|
|7. "The Domino Effect":||Appears||26. "Trip to the Archives":||Appears|
|8. "Taking Charge":||Appears||27. "Snow Day":||Appears|
|9. "Anne Theft Auto":||Appears||28. "Cracking Mrs. Croaker":||Appears|
|10. "Breakout Star":||Appears||29. "A Night at the Inn":||Appears|
|11. "Sprig Vs Hop Pop":||Appears||30. "Wally and Anne":||Appears|
|12. "Girl Time":||Appears||31. "Family Fishing Trip":||Appears|
|13. "Dating Season":||Appears||32. "Bizarre Bazaar":||Appears|
|14. "Anne Vs. Wild":||Appears||33. "Cursed!":||Appears|
|15. "Contagi-Anne":||Appears||34. "Fiddle Me This":||Appears|
|16. "Family Shrub":||Appears||35. "The Big Bugball Game":||Appears|
|17. "Lily Pad Thai":||Appears||36. "Combat Camp":||Appears|
|18. "Plantar's Last Stand":||Appears||37. "Children of the Spore":||Appears|
|19. "Toad Tax":||Appears||38. "Anne of the Year":||Appears|
|Amphibia Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Handy Anne":||Appears||11. "Marcy at the Gates":||Appears|
|2. "Fort in the Road":||Appears||12. "Scavenger Hunt":||Appears|
|3. "The Ballad of Hopediah Plantar":||Appears||13. "The Plantars Check In":||Appears|
|4. "Anne Hunter":||Appears||14. "Lost in Newtopia":||Appears|
|5. "Truck Stop Polly":||Appears||15. "Sprig Gets Schooled":||Appears|
|6. "A Caravan Named Desire":||Appears||16. "Little Frogtown":||Appears|
|7. "Quarreler's Pass":||Appears||17. "Hopping Mall":||Appears|
|8. "Toadcatcher":||Absent||18. "The Sleepover to End All Sleepovers":||Appears|
|9. "Swamp and Sensibility":||Appears||19. "A Day at the Aquarium":||Appears|
|10. "Wax Museum":||Appears||20. "The Shut-In!":||Unknown|
|Teen Girl in a Frog World|
|1. "No Signal":||Absent||2. "Whack-A-Mole":||Absent|
|3. "Scenic Route":||Debut||4. "Hop Popcorn":||Appears|
|5. "Cattail Catastrophe":||Absent|
|Chibi Tiny Tales|
|1 "Mantis Bowling":||Appears||2. "Quit Bugging Me":||Appears|
|3. "Bird Attack":||Background||4. "Bucket Blues":||Appears|
|5. "Family Photo":||Appears||6. "Quicksand":||Appears|
- She is seen to have an addiction to candy in ("Anne or Beast?") as she is easily bribed by Sprig.
- She is a queen to an imaginary bolder monster, however, it can only be viewed when she drinks Anne's energy drink, Blam Berry Blitz. ("Stakeout")
- She has abnormal-sized muscles. ("Anne or Beast?")
- She named her rolling pin "Doris" which she uses as a weapon. ("Anne or Beast?")
- She was disappointed when Anne claimed she was not going to harm the family. ("Best Fronds"), which highlights her violent nature.
- Oddly enough, she seems content to have people not like her as revealed in the episode "Cracking Mrs. Croaker".
- Her name is fitting as she is technically still a pollywog, or tadpole.
- While sometimes Polly is seen in a small bucket of water, often she will travel around without it by hopping or sliding along the ground.
- Ironically, despite being Sprig's younger sister, Polly's voice actress, Amanda Leighton, is much older than Sprig's voice actor, Justin Felbinger - older by almost 9 years.
- In "Truck Stop Polly" it is revealed her middle name is Petunia.
- In "Amphibiland", she does not make an appearance. This was before production was made.
- In "Marcy at the Gates", it is stated by Marcy that her legs will come out in two months.
- In Reddit, it is stated by Matt that Polly is probably 5 years old.
|— Main Characters —|