It premiered on July 18, 2019.
Three months ago, Anne and Sasha ditch school for the former's birthday. Just as she is about to head home, Anne is convinced by Sasha to go see Marcy about getting the music box. In the present, Grime and his army enter Wartwood, to invite the frogs to a banquet celebrating Anne and Sasha's reunion. After Anne gives the okay, they head to Toad Tower. While the frogs enjoy the banquet, Anne and Sasha hang out at Sasha's room. Sprig, after talking to a nervous soldier, figures out the banquet is a trap and they're prisoners causing the frogs to fight back. Sasha tells Anne that the banquet was to get Hop Pop to the fortress, so he can be fed to a giant venus flytrap for raising a rebellion in the valley. Anne tries to rescue the frogs, but are all captured. As Hop Pop is taken to be executed Anne, with the help of Sprig, stands up to Sasha and defends him. Grime proposes a duel between the girls if Anne wins the frogs can go, but if Sasha wins Hop Pop is to die. Anne beats Sasha, but the fortress starts to explode from Wally's boomshrooms. As everyone escapes the collapsing tower, Anne tries to save Sasha, but she lets herself fall out of guilt. Grime saves her and he and the toads escape. After getting back to Wartwood, The Plantars apologize that Anne lost Sasha as a friend, but Anne tells them it's okay because she considers them her family and no matter she goes through, she'll have them as her family all the way until she returns home.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar
- James Patrick Stuart as Wally
- Laila Berzins as Sadie Croaker
- John DiMaggio as Stumpy
- Anna Akana as Sasha
- Troy Baker as Captain Grime
- Stephen Root as Mayor Toadstool
- Brian Maillard as Leopold Loggle
- Jack McBrayer as Toadie
- Kaitlyn Robrock as Felicia Sundew
- Darin de Paul as Bog
- April Winchell as Fens
- Matt Jones as Percy
- Troy Baker
- Eden Reigel as Maggie
- Jack Ferraiolo
- Sam Reigel
- Sumalee Montana
- April Winchell
Characters like Marcy, almost all of the frogs, and most of the students from Saint James Middle School have no lines.
Click here to view this page's gallery.
- The final moments of the episode reveal the end of Chapter 1.
- The credits are different.
- This is the only 22-minute special of Season 1.
- This is the final episode of Season 1, which also aired in a 5-week period.
- This episode started with a flashback of Sasha and Anne during the events before the teleportation.
- This episode reveals Marcy was the discoverer of the Calamity Box and contacted Sasha about it as a joke because of Anne's dislike of frogs.
- The Boomshrooms from Combat Camp is present for the second time.
- Sprig says "Spranne against the world" for the third time. ("Flood, Sweat & Tears", "Cursed!")
- This episode features the short theme and a new version of Anne's Theme.
- Lean On Me by Bill Withers is used in the episode.
- This is the second episode, to begin with, a flashback.
- The first being Best Fronds.
- This is the first episode that connects to another episode (Anne of the Year) with a short time interval.
- "EarthBound" - Four of the middle schoolers resemble Ness, Jeff, Paula, and Poo from the respective video game franchise.
- "KFC" - The logo on the bucket of chicken in Sasha's room resembles KFC's mascot, Colonel Sanders.
- During the flashback, while Maggie is laughing, her leg appears behind her skirt and black outlines inside. It only occurred for one frame.
- During the fighting scene, when Sasha and Anne are walking around giving stares Sasha's pupils appear uncolored for a frame.